Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Week in the Life - Friday

On Friday of Week in the Life the boys were still gone, so I had the day completely free.

A day totally to myself. No boys. No chores. What to do, what to do?

Go to the dentist first thing in the morning...that's what! lol!!

In the dentist chair for a filling. I think I am finally done with dental work for the year. Until 2016, Dr. Joo!
Jaxon and Jason had breakfast at the hotel before heading out for the rest of their long drive.
After my dentist appointment, I met my good friend Melissa at the fairgrounds for the annual consignment sale. I had a hard time finding things in Jaxon's size this year even though there seemed to be rows and rows of items.
I found just a few things for Jax. Mostly sweat pants that I am hoping will be a good length on him while being very tight on the waist. Having a string bean for a son makes it hard to shop for clothes. I also found a nice Columbia jacket for him for only $9! I thought that was a score! 

Melissa was also the biggest sweetheart EVER and finished Jaxon's new quilt for us! I was so excited to get it into his room and see everything put together! It's so cute, I love it all!
I met another good friend Sam out at the airport to practice climbing the rope. We are training hard for the Spartan race in October and this obstacle has been over my head! I want to avoid extra burps at any cost! Once I got over my fear of the dang thing, it was actually easier than I thought! I made it up 16 or so feet, so I felt very accomplished!

After rope training, I went to the Friday night HIIT class and we did a tire workout. These are my favorite workouts, but they are the toughest on me physically because it gets so hot on this black gravel.
When I got home I was trying to get a photo of the house, because I do that every year...
Instead I ended up noticing the crazy red sun! There are some wildfires in Utah, I believe, and we are getting the haze and this bright red sun all day!
I ended the day playing frisbee for a little while with the dogs, until I ruined everything by accidentally throwing it too hard over the fence and the neighbor's dog took our frisbee. Bummer.

That was it for my Friday. Nothing too exciting at all, but it was nice to have a laid back and relaxed day! That may not happen again for a LONG while!









No comments:

Post a Comment