Sunday, August 9, 2015

PL Catch-up

** WARNING** this is a photo heavy post!!

I promise I have still been scrapping even though life is just zooming by these days. Can anyone tell me when things slow down?

I currently have several digi albums in progress: my 2015 Project Life mixed with my 2015 One Little Word, a summer memories scrapbook, and my 29th year scrapbook.

Let's get right to the pages. Here is where I am with my Project Life album (all being made with the Project Life App)...
At the beginning of each month, I include a photo of Jaxon with his Little Tykes truck that matches the theme of the month as well as this page with our "selfies" and our currently cards.
Week 24 was Father's day, so we went the entire weekend in Colby, Kansas racing and playing at the water park. I don't successfully get Jason into many pages, so I have been working on documenting more of his life and this page with his birthday gifts and activities was a lot of fun!
Week 25 was our wedding anniversary and the week we left Jaxon with Grandma and Grandpa while we traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah for my Spartan Super race. We also got to hang out at the pool with Meg this week and that was the highlight, since we miss her more than words can say!
Week 26 was when we started to struggle with Jaxon. I believe he is *slowly and painfully* working on his two year molars and he has some BAD days! He won't eat, won't sleep and tests my patience with the sobbing. Over the weekend we all relaxed at the reservoir to try to refresh ourselves.
Week 27 Jaxon had his first dentist appointment and we went to the North Pole Amusement Park with my Mom. After all of that, we boarded a plane and flew to the midwest to visit with family and friends.
Week 28 was our full week in Iowa, so I somehow crunched all the memories down to one layout. I am okay with this, because I split each activity up into different layouts in my summer memories album.
Sometimes when weeks are so busy I don't take photos or if they seem run of the mill and boring, I give those weeks just one side instead of the whole page. Here I put week 29 and 30 together. I tried to make them mesh better by using similar journaling cards with the circles, but kept them separate by the colors I used.

Next I have my summer memories album. Since I take a LOT of photos of each event, here is where I include more in-depth coverage of the summer activities we have been doing...
Simply loving playing outside on the back porch this summer.
Going to the zoo is our favorite outing! This time my friend and her daughter joined us and we all had a great morning!
More photos from the Colby, KS water park. This is my absolute favorite pool in the whole world right now!
Our day at Pirate's Cove with Meg is one I absolutely don't want to lose photos from! Meg is living in Korea right now, so our time is limited and the memories are HUGE! 
Our day at the reservoir gave us so many cute photos I felt like they all needed their own space in the album.
Fourth of July was not eventful by any means, but had some funny stories I really wanted to write down!
Our trip to the North Pole with my Mom. I loved adding the "flashback" photo to show me in 1991 and me with Jaxon currently. I adore adding old photos in my current albums!!
A whole spread about a 45 minute flight? Why not! This toddler has flown more times than his father right now, so each one is worth documenting!
These were random moments from Iowa, so I just threw them all together. They were just too precious to leave out, since we don't live close to my in-laws and value the time we do get together!
Lake Okoboji deserves a whole album, but I kept it in perspective and just made a page! I love being at the lake and watching Jaxon play there for the first time just made me feel overflowing with joy!
I didn't get many photos from my visit with Instagram friends, but I managed to make it a page and just put it with the pool photos we had from the week. It is always fun to meeting my lovely Insta-friends in real life!

Lastly, I've been working on my "29th year album." This project felt a little self serving at first, but it has turned out to be one of my all time favorites! It's like telling a story just about me and how I've been changing before I turn 30 (which is ALL too soon!). I've included mostly my fitness journey, but thrown in my marriage, my hobbies, my favorite things, my goals and my career. Here is what I've added this summer...
My first "Summer FitCation" check in page. I included nutrition and physical goals and progress.
A little more about our 6th wedding anniversary and road trip.
A page ALL about the color run! This one was tough for me, because I wanted to include ALL the photos but just didn't have space! I am not a fan of tiny photos, so getting too many of those in there would have bothered my OCD scrapbooking side!
My middle "Summer FitCation" check in page. I put in my tummy progress, new workouts, how much I've been training with long distance running as well as my flexibility progress. All of those things are important to me since I want to be a well rounded fitness fanatic!

All of these layouts were made with my cell phone! There are absolutely things I miss about paper crafting as well as digi scrapping, but the fact that I can keep up with this outweighs everything else! Running around after a toddler, working a full time job and a side business, getting my workouts in, and juggling everyday life make it tricky to get everything documented. But the Project Life App is what suits me best right now! I will do another post later explaining the other apps and tricks I use on the cell phone. For now, I hope you enjoyed my layout catch up!


....................Precious moments will be remembered forever in this Little Life....................


















2 comments:

  1. I LOVE all your layouts!!! Have you printed layouts in a photobook with this same border that you have on these? I've done all year so far with that same template, and I'm a little worried about the photos and cards being too close to the edges, especially in the center of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man! I am worried about the same thing!! I put all the layouts into Shutterfly albums and then print. It used to be fine, but I also included an extra border with the patterned paper.
    I have one album made with the project life app pages from last year's holidays and I will see how it goes when I print that. If the border isn't enough, I will change all of these layouts so they print correctly.

    ReplyDelete