Sunday, August 2, 2015

Mud and glitter...it's how I run!

My hubby noted that I only do running events where I can get messy...
When I first started my fitness journey, I was looking at those graphics on Pinterest that step you through "Couch to 5k." I just kept putting running off and saying it wasn't for me and that I couldn't do it because of my knees. When I dreamt of being a runner, I dreamt of doing a color run.

Then this year I started doing the Spartan races, and with that came the realization that I will have to run longer distances to be more successful in those races. So, I've started running. I am currently up to 8 miles straight!!

When a gym buddy suggested we sign up for the Spartan, I told her I would do it IF they all did the Color Run with me. So we all signed up a few weeks ago, and there is nothing I regret about it!  Yesterday's color run experience was an absolute blast!!

If you're like me, thinking of starting running or working out, looking at the couch to 5k schedule...I say just go for it! Running is a chance to zone out, clear your head, clear your body, renew yourself and the things you can do when you can run are so much fun!

Here are the photos from my Color Run yesterday:
Our "BEFORE" photo...clean and white!
Waiting at the starting line.
The pink station was first and this was my biggest disappointment. I really wish pink was last so it showed more on the shirt and we got more of that powder.

Here I am holding the water cup that they hand out along the way. I used it more to wash the cornstarch out of my mouth than to drink! 

By the time we got to the Orange Station we felt like Color Run professionals and we got down on the ground to make Orange Angels. 
I was most excited for the glitter station...it's the whole reason I signed up!! #glitterobsession

Can you see the glitter floating around us?? (Sorry for my awkward thumb...)
Right before crossing the finish line!

Here is where my only word of caution comes in: ONLY go in the middle of the color toss party at the end if you are really brave! I went because P wanted to, but I did NOT enjoy this part! Once the color gets thrown you can't see or breath and I am not a fan of that type of out of control situation!

What it looks like right in the middle of the party!
So, instead of taking all the littles into the big cloud, we did our own little party on the outskirts and it was much more enjoyable! At the finish line you are given a bag of color powder and a bag of glitter, so we threw all of ours up into the air to celebrate!
The little loved this part!
Here is our "AFTER" photo! I loved everything about this day!

Another goal accomplished for Team High Maintenance!


....................The best days are showered in glitter in this Little Life....................










No comments:

Post a Comment