Sunday, January 17, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up


Now, I hope you're prepared for the most basic, mundane, boring Weekend Wrap Up E.V.E.R!!

Friday: This was such a fun day with Jaxon. It was like a mommy and son date in the morning! I am struggling a little bit with how busy I feel Monday through Thursday (working, working out, house work, etc) and feel like I am not getting a large amount of quality time with Bubba. So, I am VERY thankful to have all day Friday with him! This day we went to the Rec Center and kicked a ball around in the gym (it is still very cold outside here) and then went and played in the baby pool for almost an hour!




He still loves anything having to do with water! 
I think the pool is officially his favorite!

Let's be honest, it's mine too!

We have been hearing from a LOT of people about how Jaxon should be potty training. Now, looking at it logically...I don't think that's right. He is 26 months and has NO desire to work on it, so I don't think it's the biggest milestone for us right now. However, the unsolicited advice has gotten into our heads and we gave toilet training a go, starting Friday and going in to today.
Skinny little pants and "big boy underwear." 
We haven't made any real progress. He will now gladly wear the underwear and feels the mess so he can tell us "uh oh." But I really don't think he understands the feeling of having to go and has no ability whatsoever to make it happen while sitting on the potty. We will spend anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes sitting on the toilet, and then give up just in time for him to pee his pants afterwards. I could be wrong, but I just don't think we are there yet. 

Exciting side note: happy mail came on Friday! My Mother in Law sent the biggest care package! We got the 31 Bags we ordered a bit ago, a pair of workout pants (loooooove), and some treats for all of us! I am completely addicted to the 31 Bags! 
Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes!

Saturday: I spent the morning working out by myself in the gym which is my favorite!! Quiet time to GSD without having to wait for any equipment? Yes, please! I lifted shoulders, but it was rushed so I only had like 40 minutes to work.


The workout was rushed because hubby and I had massages today! Let me tell you, if you can find someone you trust and can afford, a monthly massage is the best thing you can do for yourself! Ours is more of a deep tissue, sports recovery massage and it has done wonders for our aches and tensions and just helps us relax!

Then we hung out at home working on the potty thing until it was time for DATE NIGHT!! I was loving how my hair turned out for the evening.
I don't have any photos of us out on the town because I left my phone off and in the car! Hands free for the evening = totally focused on my marriage. We were the lamest couple ever, however! We went to Ulta and PetCo to complete errands, and then went to dinner at Mt. Fuji and that. was. it. We were SO tired from the work week and the January blues and the potty training...so, we called it an early night and watched NetFlix. Go us!

Sunday: I am living with the philosophy that a "Sunday well spent brings a week of content." To some of you that might mean outings as a family, but for me it means workout, house work, meal prep and planning. Some blogging and some classroom work, and a movie with my little Turkey! I need an entire day to get organized for the week, otherwise I am a grouchy mess of a woman the rest of the week!

My Sunday tasks:
  • Workout: today it was my first CrossFit foundation class and a short CrossFit workout.
  • House work: pick up clutter, get the sink clear of dishes, put ALL laundry away, etc.
  • Meal Prep: organize my lunches, roast and package veggies, bag up snacks, etc.
  • Nap time work: classroom prep, blogging and/or scrapbooking
  • Planning: a MUST so I can visualize the week and get my head wrapped around how it will go
  • Family time: I LOVE that Jax is into movies right now. We will probably watch Big Hero 6 or the Croods again today, but we eat popcorn and cuddle under our blankets and just chat about his toddler nonsense. It is my favorite part of the week, I think. The Sunday Cuddle Routine.
That might have been the longest boring post ever! What did you all do this weekend??
It's a lovely Sunday in this Little Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment