Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up 1/24

Oh man, when do the weekends get easier??

Seriously though, what started out to be a wonderful weekend was actually very exhausting and tough. I was so thankful for the random gift my husband brought me; the flowers helped me stay calm through the long days.  Sometimes the small things are the only things that keep us going right?


On Friday, I spent the day with Jaxon and we went into town to see my friend and her daughter. I was super on edge about running errands for the first time while potty training. It was this day that I realized that not only has Jaxon caught on to the potty thing, but he also refuses to pee in a diaper. So, even though he is scared of the big potties out in public, he held it until we got home to go. I felt so bad for him. I wonder if he is scared or hard on himself thinking that having an accident is a big failure. Maybe I am just projecting too much as a Mom...who really knows with littles??


Once we finally did get back home, Jaxon was taking a turn for the worse. He was a bit warm and could not settle in and get comfortable and he could absolutely not get to sleep. Finally after listening to him cry and play and yell for almost 40 minutes, I brought him onto the couch to cuddle with me and he was out cold in under 4 minutes. He must have needed some cuddles, because this boy does NOT sleep anywhere but his bed.


He napped laying on me for over an hour, before I put him in his crib so that I could get a shower in! I am telling you, as a Mom, it is ALL about the small things!

Happy Mail was the highlight of Friday for me! I got my Cellular order of protein. I got a large canister of Peanut Butter Marshmallow protein and a sample pack of Cor-fetti and Red Velvet. I was SO excited to try the new flavors! I even made some protein balls to snack on with the Cor-Fetti and they are yummy!



I will try to share the recipe later this week! I have a couple of changes to it before it is Breezy approved!

Saturday I didn't take many photos because it was one of those wonderful lazy days! I lifted first thing in the morning and then we hung around home the rest of the day. But, around 4 PM my husband got called in to work at the SAME time that Jaxon's fever really spiked up! So, I was the sole parent hanging out with a 2 year old only 1.5 weeks into potty training who got diarrhea from teething cutting those back molars. And this is when I wished I had wine in the house!

Jaxon literally would not let me go. He had to be sitting on me, touching me, by my side, under my feet...whatever as long as we were connected. I knew at that point that he was not feeling well at all.

I blocked out most of Saturday night because it wore me down. So, on to Sunday...

I had my second CrossFit foundation class this morning and I think I did really well. I've caught another cold, so I had a very hard time breathing through the congestion, but I enjoyed the technical tips on these movements.  Only one more class to go, and I am CrossFit official I suppose!


The rest of the day was oh-so-typical. It was getting groceries, working on lessons during nap time, meal prep and the dreaded mountain of laundry. Does anyone want to come clean and do laundry? I am willing to pay!!

Since starting the potty training, Jaxon is refusing to take a bath. I am not positive, but I am thinking that he is worried about going potty in the water and he thinks that will be a bad accident. I don't know how to fix this...but I will keep you posted on progress.

Bedtime routine around here is my favorite thing!! Tonight, we used coloring as our activity to help Jaxon calm down. If we don't do an activity, he ends up running around the house like a crazy monster, so instead we choose a calming activity to help him wind down.


Then it's story time, which I think is Jaxon's favorite time of day! And before putting him down, Jason and I hold him together and ask him for "a kiss...a kiss without the paci...a hug...and a secret." For the secret, he gets close to our faces and we whisper "love you" and he whispers some gibberish back to us. Every family has their own cutesy thing, and that is ours! It just makes my heart all warm and sparkly!





I miss Teaching Tuesday and Fitness Friday this week, but have great plans to do better this next week! I have a new activity in Spanish 2, so if you want to come back for my review of that, look for it Tuesday. I also spent a lot of time last week making an 8 week Fitness challenge for my coworkers and we start tomorrow! I will update progress with that on Friday!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! I am sure all we will be hearing about is that the Broncos are going to the super bowl (woot).
I am trying to hang in there in this Little Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment