Monday, January 18, 2016

Random Idea!!

I wanted to take a quick minute and talk to you guys about one of my absolute favorite "not-so-guilty" pleasures!!

For some reason, I am obsessed with podcasts! It's a moment for me to put my headphones in and breath and just listen to someone tell me their ideas. I love blogs, I somewhat like reading...but I LOVE listening to people! Their personalities come out in the Podcasts and they have discussions with other people and it's just a fun way to check out for like 15 minutes.

I listen to music while I run and workout, I listen to music when I need to GSD at work. But at home, when it's nap time and I am putting laundry away or just sitting for a second, my GO TO is a podcast! Most that I choose are 15 - 20 minutes long, so it's a quick break and then I feel a bit refreshed to start my next task of the day!



If you are interested in trying a podcast or trying a new podcast...here are my current faves:


  • Women Wanting More. This is a podcast recorded by a chiropractor, I believe, and she talks about cutting through the bull-butter and getting stuff done. It's a variety of topics, but it's all about taking care of ourselves are professionals and busy women, how to be super productive in our daily lives and how to correctly prioritize our tasks. Warning, she cusses a bit, but that adds to the "cut to the point of it" feel when she is talking.
  • Meditation Minis Podcast. This is more self explanatory, but they are very short guided meditation recordings. Take a few minutes out of a busy day, and just listen to her guidance and meditate your way to a more calm, less stressed day!
  • The Charlene Show. This is my newest podcast, and I feel like her topics are all over the place. But she addresses tips and techniques on how to improve your life and get what you want out of each day. It ranges from marriage tips, exercise and health discussions, ramblings about how to navigate the insane world we live in, etc. 
  • Sleep With Me. This is NOT what you think at all! This is a life saving, incredibly surprising podcast that helps put you to sleep! Lol! I am the type of person that will be falling asleep on the couch watching Chicago Fire, but then I go to bed and cannot fall asleep, because my to do list and worries start to float around in my head. So, enter the podcast. This man has the most boring, mundane, history-teacher type drone on and on voice and it gets me to sleep every single time without fail! Sometimes, I don't even make it two minutes in to the show and I am out! A word of caution: turn your sleep timer on your phone so the podcast shuts off after a certain time! Otherwise you may wake up in the middle of the night with the podcast still talking.
  • Guys We F****d. Now this one is exactly what it sounds like! It is two girls from Jersey talking about the dirtier activities in life. They try to interview guys they have been with in the past, but it doesn't always end up being that. Melissa from Instagram first got me interested in this podcast and it is hilarious!! If you are NOT interested in dirty humor and talking about sex, do NOT even try listening to this one!
What are some Podcasts that you love? I would like couple to add to my favorites list! And let me know if you like any of these ones!

Have a great week! It's finally starting to calm down a bit in this Little Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment